What do I do after a car accident?
Chances are during your life you will be involved in a car accident. If you are, you should know what to do to protect your rights and not make mistakes that will affect your liability.
1. Seek medical attention if necessary (even if you think you may not be
2. Get the name, contact information and insurance information of the
individual who hit you;
3. Get the names and contact information of as many witnesses as you can;
4. Take pictures of the accident scene, including your vehicle, the other
vehicle(s), the entire scene, skid marks (if any); the location of the cars in
relation to any traffic signals or stop signs, etc.
5. Take pictures of all injuries you suffered and continue to take pictures to
document the healing process.
6. Contact your insurance company and let them know that you have been in
an accident and provide as much information as possible about the
individual who hit you.
7. Contact an attorney for legal advice.
Call us at (314) 878-9797 and let's chat about your case.
The call is free, confidential and you have no obligation to hire us.
To get a FREE copy of my book 11 Mistakes That Can Wreck Your Missouri Auto Accident Case click here.